Bocconi Campus Tour
Founded in 1902 by Ferdinando Bocconi as “Institute of Higher Education in Economics”, Bocconi University was the first Italian University in the field. From the original location in via Statuto, in 1941 the University moved to Via Sarfatti, which at the time was outskirts of the city. The first building in Via Sarfatti 25 was designed by Giuseppe Pagano and represents a perfect example of rationalist architecture. In the following years, Giovanni Muzio together with his son Lorenzo designed the Student House, followed by the Library. In the framework of the Strategic Plan “Bocconi 2000”, Bocconi University decided to further expand the campus and the first SDA School of Management was built by Vittore Cerretti, followed by the velodrome by Ignazio Gardella and the Via Roentgen building, designed by Grafton Studio and inaugurated in 2008. Finally, in 2019 Bocconi campus expanded to an area previously occupied by a milk processing plant through a project of urban requalification. Designed by Studio Sanaa, the new campus comprises the buildings of the new SDA School of Management, the Castiglioni student house and a new sport centre.
Bocconi University offers guided tours, open to the general public, of its urban campus in downtown Milan. Tour guides will tell stories about the people and architecture of the University, as well as share interesting facts about the campus and the history of Bocconi.
Two types of tours are available, both in Italian and English:
- Full tour, lasting about two hours, with access to several buildings
- Short tour, lasting about one hour, outdoors only
More information on upcoming dates and bookings