Borrow, renew and return books
If you’re a member of the Bocconi Community (students, faculty, Bocconi Alumni Community, staff), you can borrow most items from the Library collections in the reading rooms using the self-service machines on the ground floor of the Library.
You just need:
- your Bocconi ID card or the QRcode created through the yoU@B student Diary
- the books you’ve picked up from the shelves
If you need help, ask a Librarian at the Information Desk.
For how long can I keep a book on loan?
You can borrow books for 4 weeks.
We automatically renew loaned books for up to 4 months, unless another person has placed a request on them to be returned.
If we need you to return a book, we will e-mail you with a revised due date.
These are some common reasons we can't automatically renew a book for you:
- item has been requested by someone else and must be returned
- the due date would be after the expiration date of your Bocconi account
Return books using the self-service machines on the ground floor of the Library and put them in the drop box.
If you don't want to enter the Library, place your books into the drop box at the Library entrance.
We also accept postal returns to:
Università Bocconi. Biblioteca e Archivi. Via Ulisse Gobbi, 5 - 20136 Milano (Italia)
Please retain proof of posting until items are discharged from your Library account.
Request books out on loan
To ensure the fair circulation of material we have a process where Bocconi Library users can request a book that is on loan to another reader.
When a book you have searched for is on loan it will show on SearchLib as: On loan until ...
To place a request on the book:
- Sign in
- Search for a book
- Click on the book to display the record of the item
- In the 'Get it' section of the record click the request option
- Fill in any relevant information in the short form
- Submit your request by clicking the green request option
We will email you when the item is ready for you to collect.
Access material not available: Can’t find it? service
Bocconi students and faculty can use the Can't find it? service to get access to material not available at Bocconi Library.